A network of community groups help make the Green Chain beautiful and interesting. Find out how you can take part.
Featured community group - Friends of Downham Woodland Walk
The Friends of the Woodland Walk meet for a couple of hours on the last Sunday afternoon of each month to tidy up and maintain this ancient woodland. We meet at a different gate each month and summer sessions start at 3pm, winter ones at 2pm. Gloves, tools and refreshments are provided, we just ask that volunteers wear old clothes and boots if wet, as it can get muddy. All ages and fitness levels can be accommodated, though children under 12 need to be accompanied by an adult.
Contact Janet Hurst on 020 8698 6805 or Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our community groups need your help
The Green Chain partnership indebted to the work of local parks friends and community groups in protecting and enhancing the open spaces in the Green Chain.
Find out more about our community groups:
For information on these groups, email email@example.com or follow the link to the group's website.
For information on these groups, email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the link to the group's website.
For information on these groups, email email@example.com or follow the link to the group's website.
For information on these groups, email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the link to the group's website.
- Friends of Altash Gardens
- Friends of Avery Hill Park
- Friends of Bostall Heath and Woods
- Friends of Charlton Park
- Friends of Coldharbour Playing Fields
- Friends of Eaglesfield Park
- Friends of Elthan Parks North and South
- Friends of Fairy Hill Park
- Friends of Horn Park
- Friends of Maryon and Maryon Wilson Parks
- Friends of Oxleas Woodlands
- Plumstead Common Environmental Working Group (Plumstead and Winns Commons)
- Friends of Queenscroft Park
- Friends of Shrewsbury Park
- Friends of Southwood Park
- Friends of Sutcliffe Park
- Friends of The Tarn
- Friends of Weigall Road Sports Ground
- Woodlands Farm Trust
For information on these groups, email email@example.com or follow the link to the group's website.